Thursday, June 07, 2007

Walking Dead

One of my memories that I posted about on my Friday memories post.. was concerning a guy I dated in high school. I was 16 he was 23. (my apologies Im not sure how to link the post to this, as Im not puter savvy)
Anyhow...
About 5 yrs ago, a dear friend of mine called to inform me that he had passed away. It broke my heart, I cried, I mourned, I grieved, I processed I moved on.

Tuesday night.. my dear friend called me, we were talking and all the sudden he says..
"oh.. Jim's not Dead"
As I sat there, processing what he said.. I started thinking.. this is a cruel sick joke.
Which I said out loud..
"seriously.. he's not.. he's been in San Diego for the last 7 yrs... it wasnt his obit in the paper!"
my reply.. "excuse me?"
I believe for every time my friend told me what happened... I continued to say excuse me
As my mind whirled.. my heart beat, and my breathing becomes irratic....
"excuse me? How do you know for sure? Did you see him?"
"yes" he replies " he came back into town on Friday.. and we hung out all day Saturday.. seems there was another guy, same aprox age, same first and last name.. from same area...
Mind boggeling..

So.. he's alive.. in town.. and here...
I have been trippin.. for lack of better words..
my mind has been racing..

So.. Ive decided that Im going to go find him.. I found out where he's gonna be Saturday night..
and Im going to look up my old' high school sweetheart.. and look into those piercing blue eyes.. and just say Hi..

should be interesting to say the least...

4 comments:

"T" said...

wow that is crazy! keep us posted.

The Bizza said...

That's pretty wild. I can only imagine the emotional gumbo that news stirred up... let us know should you follow through on contacting him.

April said...

Can't wait to hear about your tonight......

Weekends Off said...

Did ya find him????? Didja? Didja???

OMG this is wierd but so cool too!!!